If you can relate to any of these statements then you have good reason to hire my services;
- You are feeling boring, frumpy and pretty down on yourself about your wardrobe and appearance.
- You’d love to look more stylish, but don’t feel confident about what to buy or wear.
- You would like to dress-up-to-date and on-trend but confused about what’s in, what’s out, and especially, what is age appropriate.
- Your lifestyle makes it hard for you to know what to wear and when to wear it. You might be a woman who wears many hats (mother of teenage children, carer of elderly parents, stay at home mum, corporate business woman/wife ). What kind of wardrobe do you need that covers all of your many roles?
- You are stuck in a black rut – at least its safe and slimming – or is it?.
- You would love to be one of those effortlessly chic looking women with just the right amount of accessories and style but are clueless about how to go about it.
- Every time you go shopping you feel overwhelmed and come home empty-handed (and disheartened) because you don’t know where to shop or what to buy.
- You’ve seen other women over 40 who dress beautifully, so why is it such a struggle for you to know what to wear and how to put outfits together? You’re frustrated and thinking about throwing in the towel, and just giving up on fashion–it really shouldn’t be this difficult.
- When you know you have to dress up for a special dinner or event you find yourself in a sweat, obsessing about what to wear. Sadly, you settle for something that looks just OK, instead of “WOW” because you have nowhere to turn for help. (There has to be an easier way, right?)
- You feel guilty if you put yourself first – your family always comes first therefore you are wearing the same things from your wardrobe you have worn for the past ten years.
If you can relate to any one - let alone all – of the above then perhaps it is time for you to call me. I can help you with:-
The Wardrobe Edit
Your wardrobe should be a place of happiness and organisation – not clutter and confusion with leads to fear and lack of confidence. I am sure you won’t be surprised to hear that we only ever wear about 20% of what is in our wardrobe and so what happens to the other 80% you ask? Well not much actually, in fact the 80% hangs around like a long winter – every time you look at it you get depressed. That is a huge amount of waste not only in clothes that are not being worn but also in valuable wardrobe space.
I will aid you in creating a wardrobe that reflects who you are, you will have racks, cupboards and draws that are neat, easy to navigate and choose outfits from, I will advise you on what items to keep and what items to say goodbye to. Together we will take photos of you in some of your favourite outfits and then place them on a photo board, wall or inside of a cupboard door so you can be reminded how fabulous you look and feel when you wear them.
This usually takes a minimum of 2 hours (depending on how much we have to go through) and will also include teaming up accessories (shoes, scarfes, jewellery etc) that you already have in your wardrobe.
I will be offering you tips, tricks and styling know-how so you feel confident to choose outfits long after I have left.
This is ideal for those wanting any or all of the following:-
- full wardrobe update
- identifying any gaps in your wardrobe
- planning and buying the new seasons trend
- special occasion
- dressing for a new shape (weight loss/gain, childbirth, menopause etc)
Travel Packing Service
This little task whether it be for business or pleasure has the potential to send the average woman into a complete melt down if she has not packed enough or packed too much (which I actually think is worse), if she /he has packed all the wrong things e.g.; if you are visiting a country where you need to be respectful of their dress code and all you have in your suitcase are skinny jeans and a tank top! Awkward wouldn’t you say.
I have travelled extensively over the years. I have lived in Melbourne, Sydney, Hong Kong, London and Boston! So I do know what I am talking about here. Trust me – I have learnt the hard way. I once went to Greece for one week and packed 14 (yes. 14!) belts. Enough said. I have travelled with a 4-year-old for 7 weeks throughout Europe so I have first hand experience as a travelling mother.
I start by taking you through a list of questions which will give me an understanding of the type of travel you are embarking on, from there we arrange a time for me to come to your house to assist you with your packing. I have helped many families pack for an overseas holiday (typically; 2 Adults 2 Children) thereby taking away the tedious, stressful and time-consuming task from the parents (usually the mother) which then frees them up to take care of other priorities.