MELBOURNE SPRING RACING CARNIVAL
It’s glamourous, it’s stylish, it’s fun, it’s Melbourne’s fashion event of the year which means you may find yourself in a bit of a fashion dilemna. Well girlfriends allow me to help. Each day of the popular Melbourne Cup Spring Carnival traditionally has a different fashion flavour, so here are my tips for getting you a first place in the fashion stakes.
Racewear is all about ‘the outfit’. It’s the one time of year when overly colour co-ordinated looks are celebrated and purposefully matching head-to-toe fashion is the staple trend. From shoes to accessories, dresses to jackets, hats to fascinators and makeup to jewelry, one can never go overboard when it comes to synchronizing your spring racing style.
Derby Day kicks of the Cup Carnival in traditional black and white style for the ladies. Black and white is an easy combination to achieve with just about any mix of key pieces setting the foundation for a chic look.
- David Lawrence Sleeveless petal print shift dress $249.00
- David Lawrence Cotton metal short sleeve brush stroke spot print dress $189.00
- David Lawrence Mini ottoman cap sleeve bound dress $249.00.
- David Lawrence crop jacket $229.00
MELBOURNE CUP DAY
Melbourne Cup Day is the day that stops a nation. Select shades from spring’s bright new palette and prepare to dazzle. It’s a race day of fine fashion where the ladies come out in their finest outfits making bold or exotic statements with hats or fascinators – anything goes on Cup Day so long as it stands you out in the crowd!
- Country Road Body Con Dress $129.00
- Witchery $249.95
- Country Road $99.00
- Witchery $129
Commonly known as Ladies Day – Oaks Day is the main event for the ladies. Fashion is fun, feminine and flirty and if you are game enough why not enter Myers Fashions of the Field. For Oaks Day I am focussing on Leona Edminston’s range of gorgeous spring/summer collection and 3 cheers for you Leona for catering for all sizes from the small to the large. I would recommend you jump on-line and have a look at her online store and her vintage store for prices and availability.
- I love this dress as it is great for most figures: v-neckline which is great for big boobs. Half sleeve – practical and it hides our tuckshop arms. Rouching down the front which hides our sins and the length is just so elegant. Even if you don’t like the print of these dress, keep the style in mind when you are shopping.
- Very feminine block colours. I would prefer to see nude shoes and accessories to keep the feminine feel to it. This is also a very flattering dress for most shapes as it has loose bell shape sleeves and a medium width belt to cinch in the waist. Love it.
- You may not be aware that Leona Edminston has a plus size range which is very, very reasonably priced starting at $129.00.
- How gorgeous are these dresses! They really flatter the fuller figure and the colours are right on trend.
- I have seen Leona’s collection in David Jones and was very impressed as I am sure you will be too.
- So, get on line and have a look at her range and the website also lists her stores and vintage stores.